With the cold weather here and more restrictions on where we can play pickleball I need to watch my diet more than ever.
Anyone who knows me, knows I love Thai food. One of my favorites, and Thai soup is no exception. With all the self isolation and restaurant restrictions I really miss my Thai food.
I came across this recipe and had to try it. I was not disappointed. Not bad for my first attempt at making Thai at home. Hmmmm whats next?
Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms chopped
- 6 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1″ pieces
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Chili oil for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, chilie flakes, fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and chili oil (if using) before serving.