This recipe is so amazing I forgot to take a picture of it when I made it.
This is one of my all-time favorite go to’s when I want to do something special for my lovely wife. Don’t worry it’s not that kind of night, because after dinner, nobody moves.
Anyway I hope you try it and love it as much as we do. Maybe just not on a date night. 😄
Stuffed fried chicken with salami and cheese in a potato and apple cream sauce.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil for frying
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 large crispy apple
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 baby potatoes or use whole potatoes but peel first.
- 1/2 cup 18 % cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon add another ¼ if you like cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- 6 slices of Swiss or Gouda cheese
- 6 slices of medium or spicy salami
- Slice chicken breasts almost in half so you can fold them open
- Lay in the cheese and salami, fold over and pin closed with a tooth pick. Don’t worry if the cheese and meat overhang the chicken. That becomes extra yummy. Mmmmm fried cheese.
- Set a side.
- There are two ways to do this. You can fry the stuffed chicken first and set aside or fry it while you are making the sauce.
- Either way fry the chicken in a little oil until the chicken is cooked. Don’t forget to flip it so it is browned on both sides.
- Prep the sauce.
- I like to have all my ingredients ready to go so I prep and put into small bowels first.
- Peel the apple and cut into bite sized pieces, chop the onion into small pieces, cut baby potatoes in half, crush garlic.
- Fry with butter and butter only, the potatoes and onion until brown and potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add garlic and apples and fry another 5 minutes until garlic browns slightly
- Reduce heat and add chicken broth, cinnamon and sage
- Simmer until the water is close to boiling off.
- Once reduced add the half and half and simmer down until it thickens to your preferred consistency.
- Serve the chicken, cover with the sauce and top with a bit of cilantro. It’s green and makes me feel I ate healthy.