OK I know one more stuffed chicken breast recipe. Honestly I’m surprised I don’t grow feathers. Chicken is a favourite around the house because it’s versatile easy and as far as we know it’s still good for us. Check this one out. The original recipe didn’t call for the banana peppers or the olives but we added them last time and they were excellent. Just adds a little bit of flavour to what some thought was a bland dish.
I promise next week I will do something other than chicken, octopus maybe ?
Chicken stuffed, Greek style
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 Cup chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion Thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 lemon Very thinly sliced
- 1 c. crumbled feta
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c sliced black olives optional
- banana peppers optional, add as you like.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits across each breast, being careful not to cut through completely.
- Transfer the chicken to a small baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley, and garlic. Drizzle over chicken breasts, making sure olive oil mixture gets in the slits. Season with salt and pepper.
- In each slit place the thinly sliced zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, and lemons.
- Cover with the crumbled feta and mozzarella.
- If adding olives and banana peppers, add them around half way through cooking.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until done depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley, and serve