It’s a little bit of work but well worth the effort. This is not 100% keto friendly but it’s a great meal for a cheat night and you don’t have to feel that guilty.
Smothered Pork Chops
- 4 thick pork chops boneless or bone in
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 2 medium Yellow onions, Thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream, 18%
- 1/2 Bunch Asparagus
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper
- In a shallow dish, mix flour garlic powder chilli powder. “Pork in the mix shaking off the excess. Reserve 2 tablespoons of seasoned flour.
- With a large heavy skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 cup of oil until it is shimmering. In batches cook the pork chops until golden 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, set aside. Carefully wipe skillet.
- Reduce to medium low heat, pour in remaining oil and add onions salt and pepper and cook until soft and slightly caramelized, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add butter and the reserve 2 tablespoons of flour, cook until flour is no longer raw, about a minute.
- Return pork chops to the skillet, add asparagus and cook until done in approximately 10 minutes