We are loving the slow cooker now that pickle ball season is here. Starting to play more outdoors in the evenings so we were scrambling to eat something before we play or eating late and or poorly when we got home . We were finding it difficult to eat healthy and responsibly. With the slow cooker we now put the recipe in mid afternoon head out to the courts for 5 or 6 PM play for a couple hours come home, boom dinners ready. Doesn’t get any better than that.
Slow cooker Tuscan chicken
- slow cooker
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. bone-in or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. baby potatoes halved
- 2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Thinly sliced basil for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large slow cooker, combine potatoes, bell pepper, broth, cream, Parmesan, butter, and spices. Season with salt and pepper, then place chicken on top.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, until potatoes are tender and chicken fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan, before serving.
what’s not to like about this recipe.