Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast stuffed w/strawberries, Gouda and green onions
Perhaps one of the best recipes ever. I can't gurantee this is keto friendly or even low carb but it is one recipe you have to try. I think we found this one via our local liquor store. Who knew. Figuring out the calories, you had better plan on getting an extra couple of games in. Hey. this is a win win. Amazing dinner and an excuse for more pickleball.
Servings: 4 People
- 4 skinless boneless, chicken breasts
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided over breasts
- ½ tsp pepper, divided over breasts
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, greens removed
- 8 scallions trimmed, white and tender green parts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 8 oz smoked Gouda, smoked cheddar or smoked Gruyère cheese, sliced I would add a bit more if you are a cheese fan
- 12 to 14 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a cookie sheet or roasting pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them lengthwise to open them like a book. Lay out flat and season the insides with salt and pepper. Into each splayed breast, add about ¼ cup (60 mL) strawberries, 2 scallions and roughly 1 oz (30 g) of the cheese. Allow the scallions to stick out from both ends of the breast.
- Fold the breast closed and place another 1 oz (30 g) of sliced cheese on top.
- On your work surface, lay out 3 slices of prosciutto, overlapping slightly, then place the stuffed chicken breast at one end of the prosciutto and begin rolling. The prosciutto will stick to itself.
- One by one, stuff, roll and transfer the breasts to the lined cookie sheet or roasting pan. Drizzle with the olive oil, finish with an extra pinch of pepper on each, and roast for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 160°F (71°C).