I’m sorry but I am posting this as we go. If this taste as good as it smells it will be an amazing meal . Giving this two thumbs up.
- 3 lamb shanks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 celery stocks
- 2-3 cups chicken broth or red wine enough to cover shanks
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Pat lamb shanks dry and season with salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Place lamb shanks in the skillet and brown on all sides. Once done remove shanks and set aside.
- Sauté chopped onions garlic carrots and celery in a skillet for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add shanks and enough chicken stock and or red wine to barely cover the shanks.
- Add fresh thyme sprigs and bring to a boil. Once boiled remove from the heat.
- Place shakes in the oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until tender.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and remove the shanks, placing on a baking sheet put them back in the oven just to keep them warm. Turn off oven.
- With the remaining juice and vegetables in the skillet heat over medium high to reduce the liquid by half.
- Once reduced serve shanks reduced juice.