Ok so maybe not as grandiose as last weeks cilantro lime salmon but when following keto you need some sort of side, so here is one of our favorites. Odd because my wife was never a fan of sprouts.
Fried Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons low sodium butter
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- ¼ white onion chopped
- 1 16 ounce package trimmed Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese depending on preferance
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat until the oil shimmers, and cook garlic, stirring often, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in onion and cook until slightly soft, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook without stirring until the undersides of the sprouts turn golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir to turn sprouts over, and cook other sides until golden brown, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with salt, black pepper
- Sprinkle, coat or burry with Parmesan
- Serve with your favorite entree