One of our new favorites. This is awesome and a great way to stay keto friendly without breaking the bank.
Cilantro lime salmon
This is an amazing little recipe even if you are not a salmon fan. Usually will do this one with Atlantic salmon rather than Pacific salmon.
Servings: 4 People
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 6 ounce salmon fillets larger if you’re hungry
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus a little bit more for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper and add to the skillet skin side up. Cook salmon until deeply golden about six minutes, then flip and cook an additional two minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan. When the butter has melted and looks frothy stir in the broth, lime juice, honey and cumin. Bring mixture to a simmer then stir in the cilantro.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the salmon back to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce is reduced and the salmon is cooked through, roughly 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with your favourite side dish or salad.
You can serve this with a nice wild rice but if you want to keep it keto friendly and stay away from the carbs a side salad is an amazing option. We prefer to use Atlantic salmon over Pacific salmon only because it is less fatty. If you’re from the West Coast don’t take offense. It would probably also work with steel head trout as well. Also one of my new fish favourites.