We love this recipe. It’s quick and easy. Almost too easy. Super tasty hot or cold. I usually double up on this one and then have them available for lunch or a snack.
- 4 ounces grated white cabbage
- 4 ounces gram flour
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 green chillies thinly sliced
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger finally grated
- 4 to 6 curry leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Oil for frying
- Mix the flour with 1/4 pint of water to make the batter
- Add all the ingredients except the oil and stir well to coat the cabbage
- Heat oil and fry in fritter size portions
- Remove when golden brown and set on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot or cold with a favourite chutney