These are awesome as a side with just about anything, chicken, beef,fish,lamb you name it. They’re even great on their own. Super simple to do. Even our friend Barb, and you know who you are, should be able to do these even though they don’t come in a can. 😂
Baked yam chips
- 2 large yams
- 1 Olive oil enough to coat yams
- 1 tbs Rosemary
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cut yams into medallions roughly 1/4 inch thick
- Add olive oil and Rosemary to a mixing bowl, throw in the yams and coat liberally with the oil and rosemary.
- Lay out yam slices flat on a baking sheet or two, season with pepper
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 flip and bake for another 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven. Yam chips should be reasonably firm and not soft. If too soft put him back in the oven for an extra few minutes.
- They should glaze over and have a slightly burnt appearance when finished.
- Remove from oven and let cool and serve
shameless promotion here,
check out our New Awesome Orange Retro 65T. I guess we could have called it the “Yam Chipper” but unless you’ve had the yam chips it might not have the same appeal.