Bacon wrapped Brussel sprouts
How can you go wrong with bacon and brussels sprouts.
Servings: 4 Maybe less if you really like them.
- 24 Fresh not frozen brussel sprouts
- kosher salt not needed really
- 12 sliced bacon
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with foil. Trim the ends of Brussels sprouts and remove any tough outer leaves. If the brussels sprouts are large you may want to cut them in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar and cayenne. Cut bacon in half crosswise, then brush bacon with syrup mixture.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each brussels sprout, placing the brussels sprout seam side down on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the again with the syrup mixture. Bake until the bacon is crispy and the brussels sprouts are crispy, about 20 minutes.
these are great, even for folks who are not big fans of brussels sprouts. Besides how can you go wrong with bacon.